Do you feel like you’re running to keep up?
We have moved so fast into the online office environment that many managers and supervisors haven’t had time to think about the key features and issues of managing remote workers.
I can help you to create a space to have that conversation with your team and with the leaders in your area.
You need flexible and innovative tools right now to create structure so that your team can achieve their critical business outcomes. I bring a deep understanding of government, and the latest research to help you craft strategies and solutions for the challenges you face today.
Working with me you can expect to develop:
- Skills to have great virtual meetings by avoiding bias
- Clarity to set expectations and delegate work to your team, and to Influence upwards
- A more strategic approach to allocating work and assessing the performance of staff working remotely
- Techniques for self care and boundaries, and firm but fair ways to support your staff through times of uncertainty
Manager Conversations can be one-on-one, in small groups or team based coaching over a series of 3-6 sessions.
Kylie is able to draw on her training and experience in a range of coaching approaches, tools and methodologies to help leaders to create meaningful change in their professional lives. Kylie uses:
- organisational coaching, including goal-based and emergent coaching methodologies
- skills-based coaching
- CINERGY™ conflict coaching
- IECL narrative coaching
- team coaching.
Kylie is guided by the ICF Code of Ethics and the ICF Coaching Competences.
At the beginning of a coaching arrangement, the terms and expectations are outlined and agreed in a simple coaching contract.
A passion for coaching
As President of the ACT Branch of the International Coach Federation, Kylie is driven by an interest in advancing coaching as a profession. Just as people invest in personal trainers and academic teachers, teams and individuals need coaches to further their careers.
In our intergenerational workforces, where we deal in a global economy and at a fevered pace, managers and leaders face complex workforce profiles and issues. Coaching can help navigate these daily challenges and get the most out of yourself and your team.